Will the Circle be Unbroken
1. I was standing by my window on a cold and cloudy day,
2. I said to the undertaker, "Undertaker, please drive slow."
3. Oh, I followed close behind her, tried to hold up and be brave,
4. I went back home, my home was lonesome, missed my mother she was gone.
5. We sang the songs of childhood, hymns of faith that made us strong,
1. When I saw the hearse come rolling for to carry my mother away.
2. "For the party you are hauling, Lord, I hate to see her go."
3. But I could not hide my sorrow when they laid her in her grave.
4. All my brothers and sisters crying in our home so sad and alone.
5. Ones that our mother had taught us, hear the angels sing along
Will the circle be unbroken by and by Lord by and by.
There's a better home a-waiting in the sky Lord, in the sky.