Folsom Prison Blues
1. I hear the train a-comin'; it's rollin' 'round the bend,
2. When I was just a baby, my momma told me, "Son,
3. I bet there's rich folk eatin'in a fancy dining car.
4. Well if they freed me from this prison, if that railroad train was mine,
1. And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when,
2. Always be a good boy; don't ever play with guns."
3. They're prob'ly drinkin' coffee and smokin' big cigars,
4. I bet I'd move it all a little farther down the line,
1. I'm stuck at Folsom Prison and time keeps draggin' on.
2. But I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
3. But I know I had it comin', I know I can't be free,
4. Far from Folsom Prison, that's where I want to stay,
B7 A7 E
1. But that train keeps a-rollin' on down to San Antone.
2. When I hear that whistle blowin', I hang my head and cry.
3. But those people keep a-movin', and that's what tortures me.
4. And I'd let that lonesome whistle blow my blues away.